We are always looking for people with the skills needed to help promote and build CHEC into a first class museum and education center. Thank you for volunteering to promote The Curtis Heritage Education Center (CHEC) which was established in 2013.
Almost everyone will agree that it just feels great to participate in creating a wonderful legacy. There are so many ways anyone can take part in establishing this amazing community resource and support the proposed non-profit CHEC 501(c)(3) efforts. This is an all volunteer group, evey dollar and hour goes directly to creating and operating the new museum and learning center.
To sign up for AmazonSmile go to www.smile.amazon.com and follow these instructions:
· On your first visit to AmazonSmile (www.smile.amazon.com)
· You will be prompted to select a charitable organization from the list of eligible organizations. CHEC is a registered AmazonSmile non-profit
· There is no cost to you. Amazon will donate a percentage of your AmazonSmile purchase to CHEC.
· You can change your selection at any time.
To sign up for the Oregon Cultural Trust: http://culturaltrust.org/get-involved/donate/
How to Make a Donation to the Trust
· Donate to your favorite cultural organization(s). (any amount you choose)
· If they're one of our 1,400 qualified cultural nonprofits, donate that same amount to the Cultural Trust. CHEC is a registered Cultural Trust non-profit organization
· Take that same amount off your state taxes. That's right. Your donation to the Trust comes back to you as a tax credit. Culture across our great state thrives, and financially you don't miss a beat
· If you donate $100 to CHEC and $100 to the Oregon Cultural Trust, your actual out of pocket expense is only $41. Win-win.
Facts, Details and Trivia
· Individuals can get a tax credit up to $500. Couples, up to $1000, and Class C corporations up to $2,500
· A state tax credit is an amount of money taken off the top of your final tax bill
· You might be surprised to find your favorite organization is one of our 1,400 cultural partners
· Your donation is dispersed over all 98,000 square miles of Oregon to help keep old and new cultural opportunities available for all Oregonians
· Part of your donation goes into the permanent fund that provides interest for the Trust to disperse as part of its annual granting
· You can make a donation with stock rather than cash. Legacy gifts are also gladly accepted
· No other state in the union has this incredible benefit. Lucky Oregonians!